During the "Battle of the Trench", the Prophet "P.B.U. H" has taken up a place to lay down his tent in the mountain of Selae, and then performed the prayers and cursed the polytheists of Quraish, and let the Muslims set up their tents in different places within the site the trench. Later on, the sites of these places were identified, and some mosques were built in order to mark off these places, including the following:
· Al-Fateh Mosque: Located on a piece of Mount Selae, and was built at the time of the Messenger of Allah "peace be upon him", yet its current construction consists of stone and lime. It was narrated that the Prophet "peace be upon him" has cursed Al-Ahzab (the Confederates) in the mosque at the Battle of the Trench. When God granted victory to the Muslims, and blessed them with superiority over the Ahzab, it was named the "Fat'h" (Victory) Mosque, and the mosques near to it are all known today as the "Fat'h" (Victory) mosques.
· The Mosque of Salman Al-Faresi, which was built on a higher than the "Fath" Mosque.
· The Mosque of Ali bin Abi Talib, opposite to Salman Al-Faresi Mosque.
· A mosque which nothing was mentioned about it, as no trace of it was left.
· To the east on the Mount of Selae, there are the remnants of a building with some stones, was said to be the Tomb of Abu Bakr Assddiq.
· Opposite the former mosque, stands the Mosque of Omar ibn Al-Khattab.
· In the same area is also the Mosque of "Fatema" daughter of the Prophet (P.B.U.H.)